Course fee: £135.00 Tutor: Dave Jackson
On this one day course you will learn how to make a simple 3 legged rustic stool. You will leave with a unique completed square rustic stool made from oak, sycamore or ash and hazel (dependent upon timber stocks at the time of the course)
You will learn practical tips and techniques on:
- selection of timber
- designing for strength and aesthetics
- basic and correct use of saws, drills, bits, augers, tenon cutters and planes
- use of holding tools to include vices, bench dogs and planning stops
- simple tenon jointing
- basic finishing techniques to bring out grain, enhance lines and create texture
- accurate marking out and measuring
- ppe (personal protective equipment) selection and use
- health and safety in the craft area
At Ecclesall Woods we pride ourselves on the high quality teaching from our tutors and our low class numbers (max 5 for most classes) and a number of our courses also have an assistant.
We have found that smaller class sizes are more productive, un-rushed and allow students to learn more.
You will need to wear suitable clothing and footwear for working outdoors in this season. Steel toe cap boots would be advantageous if you have them, but are not essential. Please note this course will require a good level of manual dexterity on your fingers.