Course fee: £135 Tutor: Rachel Hutton
This one day course will make a stunning robin on a wooden plinth, or hanging using a variety of traditional stained glass tools and techniques.
You will learn practical tips and techniques on:
- how to select glass
- how to complete the following stained glass techniques safely and orrectly
- handling and general working with glass
- marking out and cutting
- grinding and shaping
- copper foil glass using the tiffany method
- apply jump rings
- apply patina and clean
- tools and equipment use related to stained glass tiffany work
- sourcing materials and tools
- PPE (personal protective equipment) selection and use
- health and safety related to stained glass
You will need to wear suitable clothing and covered toe footwear for working outdoors in this season. Please bring with you a wipe cleanable apron if you have one.
At Ecclesall Woods we pride ourselves on the high quality teaching from our tutors and our low class numbers (max 5 for most classes) and a number of our courses also have an assistant.
We have found that smaller class sizes are more productive, un-rushed and allow students to learn more.