Course fee: £190
A two day course to introduce you to basic greenwood craft tools and the techniques involved in making simple rustic furniture.
You will learn practical tips and techniques on:
- Considering different types of wood and what you can make from them.
- Looking at the types of tools used in Greenwood Craft, and how to use them.
- Cleaving greenwood logs into billets ready for turning, using a froe and an axe.
- Using a shave horse and drawknife to shape the wood ready for turning.
- Preparing to make a 4 legged jointed stool having grasped the basics of various equipment & tools used in greenwood craft.
You will use those tips and techniques to design and make a rustic 4 legged stool or small coffee table.
What you need to know …
Please let us know if you have any specific requirements or needs. All materials and tool use are provided for you on the day. Refreshments and biscuits throughout the course. Please bring a packed lunch, notebook and pen and wear suitable clothes for working outdoors.
Refundable up to two weeks prior to course (minus £30 admin fee). No refunds for cancellations within two weeks of course. All adult courses are for 16 years or over.