Course fee: £140 Tutor: Kay Aitch
On this one day course you will learn the basics of pyrography.
You will learn practical tips and techniques on:
- selection of timber
- basic use of the burning tool, different types of tips and temperature controlled kits
- drawing techniques and methods of transposing onto the wood
- basic finishing techniques
- use of pre made blanks and making your own
- PPE (personal protective equipment) selection and use
- health and safety related to pyrography
At Ecclesall Woods we pride ourselves on the high quality teaching from our tutors and our low class numbers (max 5 for most classes) and a number of our courses also have an assistant.
We have found that smaller class sizes are more productive, un-rushed and allow students to learn more.
You will need to wear suitable clothing and footwear for working outdoors in this season. Please note this course will require a good level of manual dexterity on your fingers.