Course Fee: £95 – places available if you would like to book this course please contact [email protected]
This one day course will introduce you to the use of a traditionally foot powered pole lathe.
You will learn practical tips and techniques on:
- Considering different types of wood and what you can make from them.
- Looking at the types of tools used in Greenwood Craft, and how to use them.
- Cleaving greenwood logs into billets ready for turning, using a froe and an axe.
- Using a shave horse and drawknife to shape the wood ready for turning.
- Setting up/tensioning a bungee lathe and a pole lathe.
You will use those tips and techniques to design and make a garden dibber.
Read or leave a review of this course here
What you need to know…
Please let us know if you have any specific requirements or needs.All materials and tool use are provided for you on the day. Please bring a packed lunch, notebook and pen and wear suitable clothes for working outdoors.
Refundable up to two weeks prior to course (minus £30 admin fee). No refunds for cancellations within two weeks of course.
All adult courses are for 18 years or over.