Course Fee: £85
A Course to introduce you to Green wood craft and how to use a Pole Lathe. Have you ever wanted to make something amazing but lacked the confidence to have a go? This is the course for you and you will be developing a hobby which connects you with the environment can be profoundly satisfying. Our Tutor is a skilled Woodsman who makes greenwood craft for a living and is keen to enthuse new converts to green woodworking
You will spend the day:
– Considering different types of wood and what you can make from it.
– Looking at the types of tools used in Greenwood Craft, and how to use them.
– Cleaving greenwood logs into billets ready for turning, using a Froe and an Axe.
– Using a shavehorse and drawknife to shape the wood ready for turning.
– Create your own craft to take home, a garden dibber, baseball bat or other simple turned object.
Refundable up to two weeks prior to course (minus £30 admin fee) No refunds for cancellations within two weeks of course.
What’s included in the price?
All materials and tools are provided for you on the day. You will need to bring a packed lunch – drinks and biscuits are provided!
Please wear suitable clothes for working outdoors.