Course Fee: £90
A one day course in the basic skills involved in spoon carving. No experience needed but a willingness and ability to use hand tools is essential.
You will learn practical tips and techniques on:
- Considering different types of wood suitable for spoon carving.
- Looking at the types of spoon carving tools used in Greenwood Craft, and how to use them.
- Cleaving greenwood logs into billets ready forusing a froe and an axe.
- Using a shave horse and drawknife to shape wood.
- Selection of gouges and their use.
You will need to wear suitable clothing and footwear for working outdoors in this season. Steel toe cap boots would be advantageous if you have them.
Read or leave a review of this course here
What you need to know …
Please let us know if you have any specific requirements or needs. All materials and tool use are provided for you on the day. Refreshments and biscuits throughout the course. Please bring a packed lunch, notebook and pen and wear suitable clothes for working outdoors.
Refundable up to two weeks prior to course (minus £30 admin fee). No refunds for cancellations within two weeks of course. All adult courses are for 16 years or over.