Introduction to Pole Lathe Turning
A course to introduce you to Greenwood craft and using a Pole Lathe.
You will spend the day:
1. Considering different types of wood and what you can make from it.
2. Looking at the types of tools used in Greenwood Craft, and how to use them.
3. Cleaving timber and preparing billets to prepare on the pole lathe.
4. Cleaving breaks and shaving horses. What they are and how you can use them.
5. Making either a Garden Dibber or Spurtle by turning using a Pole Lathe.
Students will cleave harvested wood, and shape it with axes and drawknives to prepare billets for spindle turning . Using simple traditional tools, the materials can be transformed into a range of useful and decorative items.